Satay Sweet Potato Curry
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- A thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400ml coconut milk
- 200g spinach
- 1 lime, juice
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Dry roasted peanuts, to serve
Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and soften 1 chopped onion for 5 mins. Add 2 grated garlic cloves and a grated thumb-sized piece of ginger, and cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Stir in 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste, 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter and 500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks, then add 400ml coconut milk and 200ml water.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 mins or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Stir through 200g spinach and the juice of 1 lime, and season well. Serve with cooked rice, and if you want some crunch, sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts.
Credit: Elena Silcock