Easy Sweet & Sour Chicken
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 9 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp malt vinegar
- 4 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 227g can pineapple pieces in juice, drained
- 100g sugar snap peas, roughly slice
- A handful of salted, roasted, and cashew nuts
In a large microwaveable dish, mix the ketchup, vinegar, sugar, and garlic thoroughly with the chicken, onion, and peppers. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 mins until the chicken is starting to cook and the sauce is sizzling.
Stir in the pineapple pieces and sugar snap peas and return to the microwave for another 3-5 mins until the chicken is completely cooked. Leave to stand for a few minutes, then stir in the cashews, if using, and serve.
Credit: BBC Good Food