1 min read
Choose a glossy plump aubergine to make this warming vegetarian main course.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 aubergines, halved lengthways
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 x 150g ball of mozzarella, drained
- A handful of basil leaves
- Heat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Drizzle the oil over the aubergine and bake in the oven for 25 mins until softened.
- Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes and mozzarella, then arrange on top of the aubergine. Return to oven for another 5 mins or until the cheese has melted. Scatter over some basil leaves. Serve with couscous and green salad.
Credit: BBC Good Food