If you have any leftover garlic that you want to use up, this is a heavenly recipe for roasting multiple bulbs. Once roasted, you can freeze the garlic and defrost when required for use in dips, sauces, spreads – you name it!
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
- Individually wrap each garlic bulb in foil.
- Place on a lightly oiled baking tray or casserole dish and roast in the oven for around an hour.
- Take out and leave the garlic bulbs to cool.
- Unwrap each foil package – you should find the bulbs are now soft and squidgy.
- Chop the tips off each clove and squeeze out the garlic flesh.
- Store in a container until required.
Top tip: here are some of our favourite uses for the roasted garlic…
- Stirred into oil as a dip
- Mixed into mashed potato
- Stirred into sauces
- Spread onto pizza bases before topping
- Spread onto meat before cooking as a garlic crust