Make Your Own Pizza Station
Get stuck in with a fun family activity creating your favourite pizzas and add lots of tasty toppings. This is great way of using up any veggies and cheese you have, plus you only need a can of chopped tomatoes for a beautiful base.
Pizza dough freezes really well so you can make this in advance and enjoy whenever you fancy. Take out of the freezer in the morning and you’ll be ready to get creating in the evening
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- In a stand mixer add all the ingredients and turn on, mix a little then turn up the speed for 5 minutes. If you do this by hand instead, it will need to be kneaded for 15 minutes.
- Pop the dough in a bowl and cover with a tea towel and leave to prove until it’s doubled in size.
- Once it’s doubled in size take back out, give the dough a quick knead and then cut into 4 pieces.
- On a well-floured surface roll out the dough to 2 cm thick circles.
- Pop the dough base onto a well-oiled tray ready to top.
- Use a can of chopped tomatoes for the base then add dried herbs, fresh herbs, garlic for extra flavour.
- Now you can create your station, have all your favourite toppings ready to add to the pizzas.
- Pop them in the oven for 35 minutes until they are golden and cooked on the top. Slice up and enjoy!
Prep time: 20 Minutes (Plus Rising Time)
Cook time: 35 Minutes
750g strong bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 x 7g sachet of yeast
450ml warm water